Sunday, January 07, 2007

WWC: What's Missing

When I was a kid in the sixties getting doughnuts was a treat. We often had them when my grandfather was in town. He always had a warning for us before we would start feasting on the warm doughnuts, "Be careful not to eat the hole."

I would try to out fox him by eating all of the outside of the doughnut about halfway. This would leave a hole. Of course now days you don't worry about eating the holes. Instead you just buy a box of holes without the doughnuts.

Courtesy of Odd Mix, the words are Missing and Mystery.

Missing:

Mystery:

Proof:

7 Comments:

Blogger daddy d said...

Are those yeast doughnuts? If so, they have many more holes within the structure than the circular form contains. The holes, inside and outside make them the eating joy that they are. As a kid I sold doughnut for a dollar a dozen. Then I was allowed to keep a nickel. The truth be known, I ate all my wages up from that job.

8:22 PM  
Blogger gawilli said...

I always thought the donut hole was a pretty novel idea...now I know who thinks of these things. I'm sure glad you have that same sense of humor!

By the way, I'm awfully happy that you are posting again. I've missed my blogging buddy.

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are those Krispy Kremes? MMMMMMMM .. Doughnuts.

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're blogging again, too. Donuts - yum. They go better with coffee than anything else.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

I love your pictures. I am glad that you are writing about your family. Both your father and grandfather must have been quite the characters and fun people much like the son and grandson.

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Which is best the doughnut are the hole? We have a new doughnut place opening soon, perhaps I should ask them. Both have many calories and are very sweet. I save those calories for chocolate. It's neat that you recall your Grandfather's sayings. It is important to use them so they can be passed along as part of your culture.

9:04 AM  
Blogger graymama said...

In our house, both the donut and the donut holes go missing pretty quickly. Nice to see you have returned :-)

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home